Sunday, July 12, 2009

Help!!

For the past month or so Bailee has not been wanting to go to nursery. Right when we get to the door for nursery she'll scream bloody murder and cling to Eric or me. I've thought about going to nursery with her for one Sunday but I'm not sure if that will really fix the problem. I need some advice on how to help Bailee fix her new found phobia with nursery. I know that a lot of kids have this problem at some point and I just wanted some help with what to do.

7 comments:

~Wyatt~Brittney~Brecken~Oliver~ said...

As an old Primary President, I say, leave her in there. If you go in with her, the problem doesnt go away, and kids tend to be more naughty when their parents are there. But thats just me.

Erin Darrington said...

sit in sacrament meeting with a friend of hers from nursery. then when the time comes for them to go to nursery have her friend take her, let them walk there together to go play. don't say good bye or anything just let them go. that's worked for a few friends of mine.

nathan said...

I agree with walking with a friend to nursery. That's a great idea. When Kelly and I were nursery leaders we found that having a friend and nursery leaders that welcomed the kids into nursery helped a ton. Maybe staying with her for a little bit to see how she reacts is a good idea, just to see that she's getting more comfortable. Once she stops crying and feels comfortable enough to interact with the kids or leaders or starts playing with the toys, I would leave then. Eventually she'll be fine. Don't worry!

Kelli said...

This happened to us today! Kaylie has always LOVED nursery, but lately she has been slow to warm up to it. Today, I sat with her for a few minutes and did a puzzle with her and then when the class lined up to go to the other room for their lesson I just snuck out the back. She was fine once I was gone. When it happened in Jeremy's home ward they told me that if she didn't stop crying within 10 minutes they would come get me and they never did so it must have worked. Hope this helps! She sure is cute! :)

Andrea Mejia said...

Eric has already taught her how to get out of church?? haha! As a preschool teacher, every single child does that for the first day or week of a new year. Leave them and don't even worry about it. She will have a blast! Don't stay with her cuz it's Bailee...she can do it!! Be a tough mama, but be glad that she loves you enough to cry. :)

Kami Satterlee said...

Whitney! I think you and your little fam are the absolute most adorable threesome I've ever seen! I've always loved Eric, he cracked me up in semenary, and your little girl is so precious, and I'm super excited to get to know you! Keep up the good work with blogging, I'm glad I have something to read:)

Evynn said...

Hey Whit, I have absolutly no advise on what to do about bailee. Sorry. But I just wanted to say Hi, and I decided to wait just a little longer before I potty train Avrie. I've heard its best to stay home for 2weeks while training, and theirs no way I can do that now. So if you start with bailee, let me know how it goes too. I have a feeling, this isn't going to be fun :)