Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Almost there!

Life has been going well since the move. We're pretty much just getting ready for baby boy to come. We went to the dr. a couple of weeks ago and found out that we will have have the baby via c-section because they don't allow vbacs (vaginal birth after c-section) So we have scheduled the c-section for April 15! The original due date was April 20, it will be nice to have the baby five days early instead of 5 days late, like with Bailee :) I have to admit that I am pretty nervous about the c-section. Bailee was an emergency c-section, so I was put under, but this one I'll be awake and that kinda freaks me out! I know, I'm a baby. As far as what we'll name the baby....we still don't know :) Eric really really wants the name Dallas but I'm still not sure about it. We really haven't talked about names a lot lately so we probably won't have a name picked out till he is born. No big deal since we didn't name Bailee until she was a couple days old :)
This picture was taken at 32 weeks. I'm now 34 weeks and I feel like my stomach has already doubled in size! It's crazy to think that there is only about a month and a half left, which will be here before I know it, but it still feels so far away. I just have to keep telling myself, "Almost there!"

When we found out that our baby was going to be a boy we also found out that he was going to be born with a club foot, which is totally fixable. I did a lot of research online and figured out that I would like to have his fixed without using surgery. From my research, alot of people who have their club foot fixed with surgery have a lot of pain in their foot later in life. So, I wanted a method called the Ponsetti Method which uses casting and bracing to fix the foot. You have to have the foot cast when the baby is about 3 weeks old and then recasted every week and a half to two weeks. After about 3-4 months they are put into braces. There is a Shriners hospital about 5 hours away that uses the Ponsetti Method and the Dr. there was the understudy of the guy who invented the method. So, I'm not too thrilled about all of the travelling we'll have to do, but I"m happy that I found this Dr. and the Shriners hospital. Yay!

This is kind of a longer post but I really needed to get caught up a little bit. I'm going to really try to start blogging more so that I don't have to have these long posts every month or two to stay caught up.

5 comments:

nathan said...

I like the name Dallas. Choosing a name is such a fun decision. I did think it was pretty funny that the date is April 15. Couldn't help but think Eric had something to do with that date, being in accounting! :) Thanks for making the post about club foot. Maybe I enjoy it because of PT. If I don't comment till the baby is due. GOOD LUCK!!

vandi said...

Are you even pregnant whitney! Seriously, you're tiny and looking cute: ) I'm so excited for you. Not much longer until you see your little guy! I'm sorry about the club foot: ( That's hard, but it's amazing all they can do now to fix things. My friends baby was born about four or five months ago now and she was born with two club feet. She's also doing the same method your thinking of. So far things are going really well. I'll give you the link to her blog. She has some cute picture of Kamri's feet and of the whole process. She's one of my best friends, so if you have any questions I'm sure she'd love to answer them. Take care Whit! Almost there!!

mandyandbrian.blogspot.com

Andrea Mejia said...

whitney!!! You look so wonderful! I'm so excited for you to have your little one, but sad that I won't be there with ya at the hospital this time around. You two will do great and everything will work out with him. :)

Goldthorpe Family! said...

I think you look like you've just had a big meal. But it's so cute! I'm so excited to meet your baby boy, regardless of what you name him. Can't wait to see all of you!

Michelle said...

Hi Whitney, we moved into your old apartment and we just found an envelope taped to the inside of our closet door. if its yours (which i assume it is), let me know where to send it. you can email me at michellelmead@gmail.com
Michelle Mead