Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I know I'm late...but Austin is here!

I know that I am really late with this post but he is here!!! Austin Taylor Goldthorpe arrived on April 15. He is such a sweet baby and we love him sooo much already!
My sweet baby boy :)
This picture makes me smile with his fist on his chin. He looks like the thinking man :) I was getting sewn up from the c-section and Eric was able to go with Austin while they gave him a bath and get him all nice and clean before I saw him :)

Me meeting Austin for the first time :) During the c-section I started to feel sick so I was trying really hard not to throw up. A girl had had a c-section right before me and had thrown up and I really didn't want to do that so I was trying really hard to breath and focus on anything but being sick. When I finally saw Austin, I was so happy, but I wasn't able to touch him or anything because they had my arms strapped down. When I had Bailee I was knocked out for the c-section and didn't get to even see her until she was a couple of hours old. I honestly don't hardly remember anything from the first day because of the anasthesia, so I feel like I missed out on some stuff with Bailee's birth. With Austin's c-section, it was weird not being able to hold him or see him for very long before they took him to get cleaned up but I am so grateful that I was awake during this c-section and was able to excperience more with this birth :)
My beautiful family! Love Bailee's face in this pic. Bailee has never really been into babies so at first she kind of just ignored him but she has become a lot better :) Now she will give him kisses, talk to him and give him some of her toys. She even volunteers to take his dirty diapers to the trash for me :) It's really fun to watch her with him...she is a great big sister!

Our family! More pictures to come later!




11 comments:

Erin Darrington said...

Yay family! I was waiting for this post! Welcome to the world Austin!

nathan said...

Congratulations!!! What are the stats on that kid? He looks HUGE, not to mention adorable. Bailee looks like she'll be a wonderful Big Sister.

Tonya said...

YAY for pics and a post! Now I just need to call you:) But congrats! He is adorable!

Unknown said...

He is so cute! How long is your mom here? Let me know if you need help with anything. I want to come visit and see him again!
-joy

April said...

Congratulations you guys! Little boys are really fun. He's a cutie!

Curtis and Whitney Giles said...

Congrats on your new addition!

K. C. said...

Congrats, Goldthorpes! I'm glad he's here safe. He's adorable!

Scott said...

Hey guys congrats! That is exciting. Hello Austin! You guys are awesome. How is Walmart-ville treating y'all?

Blake, Shauni, Dalton and Molly said...

Congrats! that's so exciting!

Fullmer said...

He's adorable! Congrats you guys! Our first little boy's name is Austin, so great choice! Hope mom and baby are doing well and getting some rest!

Alan and Kristy said...

congrats. He is very cute. cant wait to see more pictures.