Since we are a month away from having our baby boy come into this world, I thought I would seek advice from all of you fellow bloggers. I need advice on how to make the transition to having a new baby in the house easier on Bailee. I don't want her to feel jealous or neglected when we bring the new baby home, so what are some things that you did to help your little ones? I know there is an adjustment period for every kid when a new baby is brought home, I just want to make the adjustment as easy as possible. So any suggestions or advice are more than welcome.
Also just wanted to add that I am so excited to almost have our baby boy here! This pregnancy has gone by pretty fast and I only hope this last month doesn't drag on. I am, of course, uncomfortable and have some major heartburn but other then that, this pregnancy has been great.
Another bit of news, we put an offer in on a house and it was accepted! We are so excited and hopefully everything works out. The closing date on the house is April 2, so we would like to move in before the baby is born. It will be a busy, stressful time, but I would much rather move before the baby is born instead of after. The next couple of months are definitely going to be busy but exciting!
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
For our older son, Jackson, we just tried to have him help out more. He LOVES to help. Then, we also made sure to spend time with just him. We read books and play games. He still has his jealous moments, which involves kicking and shoving, but for the most part, he's done really well.
We got Emma the book, "I'm a Big Sister" by Joanna Cole. She loved reading the story, and we talked to her about all the things she could help with when Davis came.
You will do a great job! I was SUPER nervous about how Emma would react to Davis, but they are the best buds now.
Not there yet personally. But I have heard a lot about what has already been said. Making the older child a part of the experience, the big helper for mommy. When you are nursing you can read her a book while she turns the pages, or maybe have her rub the baby's feet/hair for you, or maybe when you nurse is the time she gets to play with an extra special toy and that's the only time it is brought out... just some tips I've heard others suggest. Yay for a house! I can't wait until we can get to that point, even if it just means renting one!
An early congratulations!
Our tradition is to have a present (wrapped and all) at the hospital for the older kids "from" the baby. Kept the older kids busy and they automatically thought the new kid wasn't so bad. :) I also always take something to the hospital that I can do with the older children. When I got home and ever since I try to make time for each child individually doing something I only do with that person.
Of course, it isn't foolproof. :) You'll do great and just the fact that you're worried about it means a lot!
Yay on the house! Congrats, I hope everything runs smoothly for you.
And it sounds like you have a lot of good advice, so good luck, I can't wait to see pictures of the little man.
Have Bailee help with the little things like getting the diapers, wipes, binkies, etc. She will feel so big and at the same time feel like she is a part of things. I would definitely watch out not to leave Bailee alone because if she's anything like Katelyn she will think that she is big enough to just take over and I mean with everything. We've got some funny stories. I had some new coloring books and new crayons at the hospital. When I was home from the hospital I tried to make a conscience effort to spend time with just the one like during nap time or something. Think of a fun activity that Bailee can help with like frosting cookies or something. I didn't have as much time for house work right away because of this but it was worth it in the end to have happy kids. My big kids needed me to hold them a lot more. It wasn't always convenient but that was their way of being jealous and needing me to take care of them. It's just one big juggling act and I'm sure that you'll do great. I never felt very great at it but somehow it all works out.
Post a Comment