Thursday, June 2, 2011

We are safe!

So you might be thinking, "Whatever happened to Whitney blogging every week or so?" Well I'm
still trying to make it a habit :) Life gets so busy and when I do get a minute, sometimes I don't want to blog. But like I said before, I'm trying to be better at blogging more often :D
Now that that's outta the way ;)

About a week ago we had a few major storms that came our way. Most of them resulted in tornadoes in other areas but thankfully in our area we didn't get one. I'm sure some of you heard of a town called Joplin, MI being almost complet
ely leveled by a tornado. Joplin is about 40-50 minutes away from us. One day the weather people were predicting huge storms to come through our area, (and since we don't have a basement in our home or a storm shelter) we were a little worried. We packed backpacks with food and some clothings and prayed we would need to use them. The storm was estimated to come in the middle of the night, so Eric stayed up waiting for it. Thankfully we were so blessed (with many many prayers from friends and family, I'm sure) and the storm had died down quite a bit by the time it got to our area and the tornado siren didn't even go off. I'm so thankful we were safe! This last weekend, Eric went up to Joplin with our church and helped clean up in Joplin. It was so good of him to go up there and help with the devastation up there.

The day before all these tornadoes came through, Bailee was invited to a birthday party at a place called Jumpzone. She had so much fun. I liked it too :)



Austin also had a blast on the little kiddie blow ups. Wish I would have gotten more pics but me and kids were having too much fun!

No comments: